Chapter 2
The beginning of this chapter seemed slow to me. It wasn't until Atiq began to talk with his childhood friend, Mirza. It was obvious the Atiq was entering some kind of depression, he just seemed kind of crazy. I found it admirable of Atiq to confess his hard times with his wife's sickness. It made me angry that after Atiq confided in Mirza, that Mirza was so blunt and rude with his advice. I can't believe that he told Atiq to just divorce his deathly ill wife and that he owed her nothing. Now it begins to show how women are viewed over there. They're nothing to men. Mirza found it obsurd that Atiq said that he loved his wife. They treat women like garbage, when they're old and not worth while, they just merely throw them away. I was happy however, to see that Mohsen treated his wife with respect. I am not yet sure if he is Muslim because he said that his wife did not cover her face.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home